Infrastructure that would transform Brooklyn’s environmentally distressed industrial area into a cleaner, more enjoyable area for local residents and is also disaster and terrorist proof.
Adam Victor’s Vision for Reconstructing the Farragut Substation and Hudson Avenue Steam Plant to offer Infrastructure that would transform Brooklyn’s environmentally distressed industrial area into a cleaner, more enjoyable area for local residents and is also disaster and terrorist proof. This plan can only be realized if the TransGas Energy Facilities are constructed.
This is a rendering of TGE’s “state of the art” high technology underground 1100MW power plant which is designed to supply lower Manhattan, Brooklyn and/or Queens enough electric and steam heat to continuously operate under the most extreme natural disasters or terrorist threats. It prevents Blackouts and keeps the electric and steam heat on, subways moving, critical pumping operations (sewer, water flood operations and gas stations) and communications alive and working no matter what the disaster.
TransGas Energy Systems’ Infrastructure will transform Brooklyn’s environmentally distressed industrial area to a redefined urban power plant that will smoothly integrate with the local community and the environment. TransGas will convert the Farragut Switchyard to a gas insulated facility that will build a 25-acre water park and improve electrical reliability of New York City.
Why TGE is Unique?
It’s the only project:
- Proposed after 9/11
- Public Service Commission deemed applicationcomplete and the DEC issued draft air and water permits June of 2003
- Still awaiting final permit even after the August2003 Blackout
- Last applicant in the New York State Article Xprocess
The project offers:
- Blackstart capability for New York City – theelectric grid AND steam system
- Unprecedented backup capacity
- Connections to Queens, Brooklyn and Wall Streetswitchyards with voltage control on ALL three grids
Learn more in the slide show below or PDF below.